Dr. Etheredge is now accepting patients at our Baton Rouge Campus. Please contact us at (225) 924-2424 for availability.
STEPHEN W ETHEREDGE, M.D.
Dr Stephen Etheredge is a Sports Medicine Physician specializing in non-operative care of sports and musculoskeletal injuries. In addition to focusing on all aspects of the musculoskeletal system, he is also recognized as a local specialist in management of sports concussions. He treats both adult and pediatric patients in Baton Rouge at our Bluebonnet Clinic. In addition to his care for our patients, he is the team Physician for Louisiana State University, Parkview Baptist School, Baton Rouge Soccer Association, Traction Sports Performance and other local sports organizations.
Dr Etheredge is also a Regenerative Medicine specialist using up to date medical techniques including Prolotherapy, Stem Cells, and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) to care for acute and chronic injuries. These treatments are used for a variety of conditions including tendinitis, plantar fasciitis, patella-femoral issues, arthritis, and other orthopaedic problems.
- Bachelor of Science
Florida State University
- Doctor of Medicine
St. Matthews University of Medicine
Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
TMH Family Medicine
Baton Rouge General Sport Medicine Fellowship
- Team Physician, Louisiana State University Athletic Department, Parkview Baptist School, Baton Rouge Soccer Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- Louisiana Medical Society
- Baton Rouge General Sports Medicine Fellowship Faculty member
- Istrouma Baptists Sports Little League Coach
Awards & Honors:
- Susan U. Wager Resident Teaching Award:
for demonstrating interest, ability, leadership, and commitment to education 2012
- Chief Resident, TMH Family Medicine Residency, 2011-2012
- Residency Selection Committee: 2009-2010, Chairman 2010-2011,
- Family Medicine Interest Group at Florida State College of Medicine:
- President’s Award for Academic Excellence and Service St. Matthews University, White Coat Ceremony, 2005
- AMSA Member, St. Matthews