Dr. Rabalais is now accepting patients at our Zachary Campus. Please contact us at (225) 924-2424 for availability.
Foot & Ankle Specialists
Hand & Wrist Specialists
Sports Medicine Specialists
R. David Rabalais, M.D.
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences
Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX)
- Doctor of Medicine
LSU School of Medicine
(New Orleans, LA)
LSU Department of Orthopaedics
(New Orleans, LA)
LSU Department of Orthopaedics (New Orleans, LA)
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center,
Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery
- Team Physician, Southern University
- Team Physician, Central High School
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, LSUHSC New Orleans
- Former Chief of Staff Lane Regional Medical Center
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Board certified July 15, 2008
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Maintenance of Certification – Orthopaedic Sports Medicine November 2010
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor society
- Jack L. Winters Orthopaedic Resident’s Day Award, June 2005
- Harry D. Morris resident Research Award, May 2005
- Greater Baton Rouge Business Report “Top Forty Under 40”, 2010
- Fixation of Transverse Olecranon Fractures with New Tension Band Techniques,
- James Lalonde, MD, R. David Rabalais, MD, Evalina Burger, MD, Yun Lu, MD, Barry L. Riemer, MD, Richard Barratta, PhD, Alfred Monsour, MD Orthopaedics, Vol 31 (7) October 2005, pp 1191-1194.
- Comparison of two tension-band fixation materials and techniques in transverse patella fractures: a biomechanical study. Rabalais RD, Burger E, Lu Y, Mansour A, Baratta RV. Orthopaedics. 2008 Feb; 31 (2):128.
- Osteochondral Autograft for Cartilage Lesions of the Knee, R. David Rabalais, MD, Kenneth G. Swan, Jr. MD, Eric McCarthy, MD, Surgical Techniques of the Shoulder,
- Elbow and Knee Sports Medicine, By Brian J. Cole & John K. Fekiya, Chapter 55, pp 539-548, 2008
- Surgical Treatment of Symptomatic Acriomioclavicular Joint Problems: A Systematic Review. R. David Rabalais MD, Eric McCarty MD. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. No 455, pp30-37 Feb 2007.
- Biomechanical Analysis of New Tension Bank Techniques, R. David Rabalais, MD, Richard Barratta, PhD, Evalina Burger, MD, Yun Lu, MD, Lou Alfred Mansour, BS.
- Winner – Harry D. Morris Resident’s Award 2005; also presented at the Orthopaedic Research Society Feb 2005, Washington, DC by R. David Rabalais, MD.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
PATIENT RESOURCES: SPORTS MEDICINE
Common Conditions and Injuries