Dr. Bankston is now accepting patients at our Baton Rouge Campus. Please contact us at (225) 924-2424 for availability.
Foot & Ankle Specialists
Hand & Wrist Specialists
Sports Medicine Specialists
LARRY S. BANKSTON, M.D.
- Doctor of Medicine
Louisiana State University HSC School
of Medicine (New Orleans, LA)
- Bachelor of Science, Zoology (Cum Laude)
Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Louisiana State University Honors College (Baton Rouge, LA)
University of Alabama at Birmingham
School of Medicine
OrthoCarolina Sports Medicine, Shoulder
& Elbow Fellowship (Charlotte, NC)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Louisiana Orthopedic Association and American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
Publications, Presentations, Poster Sessions:
- Fracture Dislocation of the Knee: A Prospective Evaluation of Fracture Fixation and Early Ligament Reconstruction with the Use of a Hinged External Fixator.
- Stabilization of Knee Dislocations Using a Hinged External Fixator: A Prospective Randomized Study.
- Piriformis Versus Trochanteric Antegrade Nailing of Femoral Fractures: A Prospective Randomized Study.
- Functional Outcomes Following Intradedullary Nailing of the Femur: A Prospective Randomized Comparison of Piriformis Versus Trochangeric Nailing.
- The Evolving Management of Clavicle Fractures in the NFL: A Biomechanical Evaluation of Ulnar Collateral Ligament Reconstruction Using a Novel Technique for Ulnar-Sided Fixation -Effects of Implant Design Upon the Incidence & Severity of Scapular Notching after Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
For more information about Chip Bankston, please visit: chipbankstonmd.com