Dr. Smith is now accepting patients at our Baton Rouge Campus. Please contact us at (225) 924-2424 for availability.
Foot & Ankle Specialists
Hand & Wrist Specialists
Sports Medicine Specialists
Jason E. Smith, M.D.
Dr. Jason Smith was born and raised in Baton Rouge. He is a graduate of University High School in Baton Rouge, LSU, and the LSU School of Medicine. After spending nearly a decade away from Louisiana in training, he decided to return back home to give back to the community that had given him so much.
- Doctor of Medicine
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine
- Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
- Extensive Training and experience in:
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Endoscopic/laser spine surgery
- Microscopic Spine surgery
- Balloon Kyphoplasty
Internships, Residencies & Fellowships:
University of New Mexico Health Science System
University of New Mexico Health Science System, Department of Orthopaedics
Orthopaedics Indianapolis Spine Fellowship, Spine Fellow
- Published author of Essentials of Spine Surgery 3rd Ed.
- Submitted textbook chapter for publication (Jan 2008), Minimal Access Surgical Technique for spine Trauma for Bridwell's The Textbook of Operative Spine Surgery. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
- Submitted textbook chapter for publication (Oct 2007), Chapter 9: Emergency Nursing and Allied Health Care of the Spine and Spinal Cord Injured Patient for Management of spine and Spinal Cord Trauma: An Evidence Based Analysis with Co-Chairman: Vacarro A, Fehlings M, Dvorak M, Theime Medical Publishers.
- Presented at the Carrie Tingley Annual Winter Conference in Albuquerque, NM, The Use of Posterior Surface Topography of the Thoracic Pedicle to Determine a Reproducible and Reliable Starting Point for the Placement of Pedicle Screws: A Morphometric and Cadaveric Study, Smith J MD, Bergeson R MD, Avilucea F BS, Daneshvari S, Yaste J MD, Schrader R PhD, Ganga S BS, Schwend R MD.
- Presented at the Scoliosis Research Society in Cains, Australia, The Place for Pedicle Screws in Scoliosis: A Two-year Follow Up, King, AG MD, Smith JE BS, Mills TE BS, Chutkan NB MD, 10/200
- Presented at the Louisiana Orthopedic Association Meeting, Retrospective Analysis on the Efficacy of Using Pedicle Screws vs. Hooks in the Treatment of Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, King AG MD, Smith JS BS, Mills TE BS, Chutkan NB MD, 11/1999s.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons Fellow
- North American Spine Society
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- AO Spine Society
- Louisiana Orthopedic Association
PATIENT RESOURCES: SPINE
For more information about Dr. Smith visit www.jasonsmithmd.com
Broken Bones & Injuries
- Fracture of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine
- Herniated Disk
- Herniated Disk in the Lower Back
- Low Back Pain
- Osteoporosis and Spinal Fractures
- Cervical Fracture (Broken Neck)
- Neck Pain
- Neck Sprain
Diseases & Conditions
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
- Cervical Radiculopathy (Pinched Nerve)
- Cervical Spondylosis
- Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy
- (Spinal Cord Compression)
Treatments & Surgeries
Health & Safety