Dr. Greene is now accepting patients at our Baton Rouge Campus. Please contact us at (225) 924-2424 for availability.
Foot & Ankle Specialists
Hand & Wrist Specialists
Sports Medicine Specialists
Craig C. Greene, M.D.
Louisiana State University Health
New Orleans, Louisiana
August 1996 - May 2000
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
August 1992 - May 1996
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) student
2014 - present
Rotating Orthopaedic Surgery
Scott & White Hospital
July 2000 - June 2001
Texas A&M Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
July 2001-June 2005
Harborview Trauma Center
University of Washington
August 2005 - July 2006
Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Louisiana State University Health Science Center
Department of Orthopaedics
- Louisiana State Senate Head Page 1993-1995
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center
- Research Assistant 1995-1996
- Baton Rouge Orthopaedic Clinic August 2006 – present
- Chief of Surgery – Our Lady of the Lake Hospital 2013-2015
- AO North America, Musculoskeletal Trauma Education Com.
- Stryker Educational consultant – lecturer, product development
AONA ORP Course Chairman
Baton Rouge, LA
January 25-26, 2008
- Greene CC, Edwards TB, Wade MR, Carson EW. "The interobserver and
intraobserver reliability of the quadriceps angle measurement"; The American
Journal Of Knee Surgery, Spring 2001, Vol 14, No. 2, pages 97-103.
- Edwards TB, Greene CC, Baratta RV, Zieske A5 Willis RB . "The effect of placing a tensioned graft across open growth plates" ; Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, May, 2001; Vol 83-A, No. 5, pages 725-734
- Edwards, T.B., Bostick, D., Greene, C.C., Baratta, R.V., Drez, D.;
- "Interobserver and Intraobserver Reliability of Vertebral Level Estimates for Assessing Shoulder Internal Rotation" ; Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 11:40-42,2002.
- Edwards TB, Greene CC, Baratta RV, Drez D (submitted for publication in Am J Sports Med). The effect of transphyseal anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in an immature canine model.
Greene CC, Scott, A. Complications of High Tibial Osteotomies; A review of 107 pediatric cases. Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children
- Greene CC, Baratta RV (1997) Determination of Intraarticular Tibio-Feraoral Pressures With and Without The Anterior Cruciate Ligament. Medical Student Research Forum, New Orleans, LA
- Greene CC (1998) The Role of anti-inflammatory Agents in the Management of Pain In Rheumatoid Arthritis. Pharmacology Seminars, New Orleans, LA
- Edwards TB, Greene CC, Carson EW. Inter- and intraobserver reliability of the quadriceps angle. 46th meeting of the Louisiana Orthopaedic Association, New Orleans, November 1999.
- Edwards TB, Greene CC, Baratta RV, Zieske A. The effect of placing a tensioned graft across open growth plates: Transphyseal anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in a canine model. 5th Annual Winter Symposium, the Louisiana Sports Medicine Society, Inc., New Orleans, December 1999.
- dwards TB, Greene CC, Baratta RV, Zieske A, Willis RB. The effect of placing a tensioned graft across open growth plates. Annual meeting of the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America
- Edwards TB, Greene CC, Baratta RV, Drez D. The effect of transphyseal anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction in an immature canine model. 26th Annual meeting of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Sun Valley, June 2000.
- Greene CC, Probe RA; Gamma Nail vs. Screw and Side Plate: A functional Outcome Analysis in Treatment of Unstable Intertrochanteric Hip Fractures
- Texas A&M HSC Orthopaedic Research Forum, May 2003
- reene CC, Scott, A. Complications of High Tibial Osteotomies; A review of 107 pediatric cases. Shriner's Hospital for Crippled Children
Edwards TB, Greene CC, Carson EW. Interobserver and intraobserver reliability of the quadriceps angle. 33rd Annual Residents' Conference, the American Orthopaedic Association, St. Louis, February 2000.
Edwards TB, Greene CC, Carson EW. (awarded 1999 by Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation). The effect of placing a tensioned graft across open growth plates.
Honors & Awards:
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Texas A&M HSC 2004
- Outstanding Medical Student in Orthopaedic Surgery, 2000.
- Moses Maimonides Award for Ethics in Medicine, 2000
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – member
- American Association for Physician Leadership – member
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - board certified since 2008
- Orthopedic Trauma Association – member
- Southern Orthopaedic Association – member
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association - member
- International Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons – member 2010
- Arthroscopy Association of North America - member
- Texas Orthopaedic Association
- American Medical Association - member
- Christian Medical and Dental Society - member
- Louisiana State University Football Team, Strong Safety, 1992-1994
PATIENT RESOURCES: HIP
Broken Bones & Injuries
Diseases & Conditions
Treatments & Surgeries
- Activities After Hip Replacement
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Total Hip Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement Exercise Guide